Anyone have pointers to good resources for learning Express?
I'm aware of the documentation and the
nodetuts.com videos. Curious if there are any other good resources out there.
If I would do it all over again with learning Express, this is how:
- First of all, read their online documentation.
- After that look at the examples from the github repositories, that'll show you how to use Express in many situations.
- Checkout the nodetuts.com website, it's very helpful
- When you are trying to build a bigger application, then you should check out this other stackoverflow question on how to structure your app.js file.
- Alex Young has a series of tutorials on how to build a web app with Node (and he's using Express). The app is called Nodepad ; link for the tutorials: http://dailyjs.com/tags.html#express
- If you are going to use Express with Socket.IO you might useful the article on how to handle sessions and scaling between the two.
Other useful links:
- The ebook Node Web Development also has some parts dedicated to Express.
This recipe can be found in it's original form on Stack Over Flow.